At Paschoe House we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy ‘Paschoe House’ means Paschoe House LLP and its affiliated companies, as they may exist from time to time, which include, without limitation, the subsidiaries which carry on business that use the following names: Paschoe House Events and Weddings Ltd. The words ‘we’ and Paschoe House LLP do not include third party hotel owners or third parties involved in the delivery of services, however we have requested such hotel owners and third party suppliers to abide by the terms of our Privacy Protection Policy.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by Paschoe House in the course of transacting business with an individual.
How You May Provide Us Your Personal Information
- By making a reservation or by using Paschoe House services.
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
Making a Reservation
When making a reservation, or using Paschoe House’s services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit/debit card number and expiration date. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed or pillows, and the like. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties, such as our country pursuit affiliates. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Information Provided to Us in Communications Regarding Service Delivery, such as Comment Cards
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them for the purposes of recognising employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
By Visiting Our Website
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may also opt-out of data collection through Adobe Analytics by visiting Adobe’s Privacy Centre. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
Why We Collect Personal Information
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations.For example we analyse guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When Do We Disclose Personal Information
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Paschoe House, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information from your reservation will be shares so that we may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to affect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Paschoe House to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Paschoe House it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Paschoe House to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- Paschoe House will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Paschoe House will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Paschoe House will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- Paschoe House will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Paschoe House will honour your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or if you prefer by writing us at:
Paschoe House, Bow, Crediton, Devon, EX17 6JT.